Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween, the "Happy Apple" and the Mad Hatter

Have a happy and safe Halloween!  I will be spending my weekend refinishing my latest antique shop finds.  The items in the picture below I purchased at an antique shop for a amazing total of $17.  It was like American Pickers north country edition.  Of course I had to make a trip to Lowes and I managed not to scare anyone.  I think they are getting use to me! All three pieces need work but are totally salvageable.    The dresser is cherry, the headboard is oak and I'm not sure what the cupboard door is but it was heavy.  I am hoping to turn the cupboard door into a headboard for our bed!  Look for finished photos hopefully next week!


Also in the above picture is the Mad Hatter hat I made to go with my costume.  I will share more pictures of the finished costume next week.   At first we weren't going to go out and then I found out yesterday we would be going, so it was a "mad" dash to put it all together with items I already had in the house, but I think it turned out amazing.

I just wanted to share the "Happy Apple" I added to my t-shirt yarn iPod cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment